Oxford Saints got back to winning ways with a 39-16 home victory over Sandwell Steelers in the National Central Division.
Having lost three games on the bounce, Saints produced a fine display.
They opened the scoring when Michael Oluwole smashed his way through for a five-yard touchdown.
But the visitors hit straight back with a score of their own, Jonathan Hayes touching down, with the extra points putting them 8-6 ahead at the end of the first quarter.
Saints started the second period strongly, Harry Carr charging over from a yard and Spencer Duffy adding the extra point.
When James Walter touc-hed down soon after, Oxford had built up a 19-8 half-time advantage.
Sandwell came out all guns blazing looking, but found themselves further behind when a breakaway run from Carr saw him make it 25-8.
Harry Brookmyre all but wrapped up victory with a touchdown in the final quarter, Ali Galbraith scoring the extra two points with a speedy run to the outside.
Dwain Haughton’s impressive 68-yard touchdown run gave the visitors a consolation score, Benjamin Bray adding the two extra points.
But Saints were to have the final word.
James Sharples delivered a precision pass to Walter, who scored his second touchdown of the game with a spectacular leap.
Saints know they will need to be at the top of their game for the next fixture, a trip to leaders Peterborough Saxons on Sunday.
Latest Sport news
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: In-form Kidlington make it five wins in a row
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United