Oxford Saints got back to winning ways with a 39-16 home victory over Sandwell Steelers in the National Central Division.
Having lost three games on the bounce, Saints produced a fine display.
They opened the scoring when Michael Oluwole smashed his way through for a five-yard touchdown.
But the visitors hit straight back with a score of their own, Jonathan Hayes touching down, with the extra points putting them 8-6 ahead at the end of the first quarter.
Saints started the second period strongly, Harry Carr charging over from a yard and Spencer Duffy adding the extra point.
When James Walter touc-hed down soon after, Oxford had built up a 19-8 half-time advantage.
Sandwell came out all guns blazing looking, but found themselves further behind when a breakaway run from Carr saw him make it 25-8.
Harry Brookmyre all but wrapped up victory with a touchdown in the final quarter, Ali Galbraith scoring the extra two points with a speedy run to the outside.
Dwain Haughton’s impressive 68-yard touchdown run gave the visitors a consolation score, Benjamin Bray adding the two extra points.
But Saints were to have the final word.
James Sharples delivered a precision pass to Walter, who scored his second touchdown of the game with a spectacular leap.
Saints know they will need to be at the top of their game for the next fixture, a trip to leaders Peterborough Saxons on Sunday.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton