THREE hockey players with Oxfordshire connections will be representing the home nations in Glasgow.
Zoe Shipperley is in the England women’s squad and Dan Fox plays for their men, while Emma Batten is in the Welsh ladies’ ranks.
Shipperley is a former pupil and graduate assistant at St Edward’s School, Oxford.
But the 24-year-old defender, who lives at Marsh Gibbon, near Bicester, is now a full-time hockey player.
Former Oxford University student Fox, 31, made his England debut in 2009 and represented Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics.
Fox is also a useful crickter, who scored 184 in the 2005 Varsity Match during a 408-run partnership with Salil Oberoi.
Former Oxford Hawks player Batten, 26, is in her second Commonwealth Games with Wales.
Batten grew up in Oxford and came through the county’s junior set up.
The programme begins tomorrow with women’s fixtures, including England versus Wales.
Latest Sport news
- AUNT SALLY: Chequers A sink Vikings to remain unbeaten
- Oxford United's Callum O'Dowda makes senior Ireland debut but misses out on Euro 2016 squad
- Danny Hylton rejects Oxford United to join Luton Town
- Johnny Mullins signs for Luton Town following release by Oxford United
- Oxford United youngsters Jack Stevens and Miles Welch-Hayes sign professional contracts
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night