North Leigh have boosted their Southern League campaign by signing former Bolton Wanderers and Aberdeen striker Michael Bird.
Bird, 30, started his career at the north west club before an impressive trial took him to Scottish Premier League side Dons on a free transfer.
After two appearances for the Dons, he had spells at Glenavon in Northern Ireland, Northwich Victoria, Witton Albion, Caernarfon Town and Warrington Town.
Bird was coaching at Blackpool’s centre of excellence before a job change took him south.
Millers’ boss Mark Gee has also recuited former Swindon keeper Matt Bulman, ex-Southampton youngster Callum McNish, and Conor Ingram, who was released by Oxford United where he was a second-year trainee.
Bulman, 27, is a highly experienced keeper who also had spells at Salisbury City, Forest Green Rovers, Swindon Supermarine and Cirencester before switching to Oxford City last season.
McNish, 22, started his career at the Saints, before joining Exeter City.
He signed for Braintree Town and had a spell at Basingstoke Town before switching to City.
Left-sided defender Matt Woodley, the younger brother of U’s forward Aaron, has re-joined Didcot Town where he spent some of last season.
Most of last season’s squad have re-signed for the new campaign, namely Brian Bowles, Jon Else, Scott Gee, Andy Gunn, Stuart Hole, Michael Hopkins, Elliott Osborne-Ricketts, Kieran Sanders, Wayne Turk, Zak Westlake and Morgan Williams.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats