A SMALL blaze tackled last night by firefighters in Kennington was burning rubbish, a spokesman has confirmed.
Crews were called just before 10pm to an area next to caravan park Redbridge Hollow, in Old Abingdon Road, following reports of a fire.
A spokesman for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service said a roughly 3m x 3m area of rubbish had been found burning, but the cause was not known.
The firefighters who attended had left the scene by 10.30pm, he added.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website