THREE women have been arrested after a man was knocked down on Sunday in Blackbird Leys.
The Oxford residents, aged 50, 26 and 25, were arrested in connection with the incident and were tonight in police custody.
A 45-year-old man was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital with leg injuries after being hit by a silver car on Blackbird Leys Road at about 1am on Sunday.
Thames Valley Police said he had been arguing with a woman near Evenlode Tower earlier that evening.
The forced added that, after the crash, the woman involved then got into the silver car and it drove away.
Residents said they were shocked to hear of the collision, as they had slept through the incident.
Ken Bowler, 75, lives on Blackbird Leys Road and said he heard a man and woman rowing, adding: “There was a commotion in the alley, it woke me and my wife up, but I didn’t hear anything on the road.
“The woman was a loud-mouth, and I heard her shout: ‘I’m not covering up for you this time.’”
Police spent Sunday going door-to-door speaking to residents, and have appealed for witnesses.
Anyone with information should call Thames Valley Police on the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES