AT LEAST 34 buildings were left without electricity on Saturday after a power cut in Oxford city centre.
Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores in Magdalen Street, were among premises affected, with doors shut as a result of the outage.
Energy supplier SSE said 34 buildings in the George Street area were affected at 11.30am.
Power was restored at 12.30pm but further problems saw power cut to about 20 buildings until 3.20pm.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay