AT LEAST 34 buildings were left without electricity on Saturday after a power cut in Oxford city centre.
Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores in Magdalen Street, were among premises affected, with doors shut as a result of the outage.
Energy supplier SSE said 34 buildings in the George Street area were affected at 11.30am.
Power was restored at 12.30pm but further problems saw power cut to about 20 buildings until 3.20pm.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech