AT LEAST 34 buildings were left without electricity on Saturday after a power cut in Oxford city centre.
Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores in Magdalen Street, were among premises affected, with doors shut as a result of the outage.
Energy supplier SSE said 34 buildings in the George Street area were affected at 11.30am.
Power was restored at 12.30pm but further problems saw power cut to about 20 buildings until 3.20pm.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street