MORE than £3.8m is invested in Oxford’s economy every year by McDonald’s, the fast food chain has claimed.
The retailer said it had calculated the figure by adding up how much money its restaurants and suppliers make.
McDonald’s opened its first Oxford restaurant in December 1984 in Cornmarket Street and there are now three in the city – the others at Botley Road and London Road.
More than 200 people are employed at nine branches across the county.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community