MORE than £3.8m is invested in Oxford’s economy every year by McDonald’s, the fast food chain has claimed.
The retailer said it had calculated the figure by adding up how much money its restaurants and suppliers make.
McDonald’s opened its first Oxford restaurant in December 1984 in Cornmarket Street and there are now three in the city – the others at Botley Road and London Road.
More than 200 people are employed at nine branches across the county.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech