MORE than £3.8m is invested in Oxford’s economy every year by McDonald’s, the fast food chain has claimed.
The retailer said it had calculated the figure by adding up how much money its restaurants and suppliers make.
McDonald’s opened its first Oxford restaurant in December 1984 in Cornmarket Street and there are now three in the city – the others at Botley Road and London Road.
More than 200 people are employed at nine branches across the county.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street