A man has died following a fire in Wilsdon Way, Kidlington.
A spokeswoman from South Central Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 1.05pm to reports of a house fire in Wilsdon Way.
"One man has been confirmed deceased at the scene."
It is not yet known how old the victim is.
A police spokeswoman added are still on the scene of the "unexplained death".
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said it was called at 12.47pm to reports of a roof fire.
Four fire crews were sent to the scene but it is believed several have now left.
Part of Wilsdon Way was cordoned off as emergency services deal with the incident but the cordon has been reduced in size.
It is believed forensics teams are now on scene.
A 44-year-old resident of Wilsdon Way, who did not wish to be named, said that black smoke can be seen coming from the building, believed to contain multiple flats.
He told the Oxford Mail: “There are fire engines and police cars everywhere and they are not letting people in or out.
“The fire is into two buildings. It was in just one to start with but it spread to the one joined with it.
“Someone I spoke to said it is a block of flats, or a house with about four flats in it.
“The fire brigade arrived at about 1pm and the ambulance came later at about 1.20pm.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes