OXFORD: A drug dealer caught with £87,000 of drugs and three banned weapons has been told to repay £9,807.57.
Yesterday, a confiscation hearing was held at Oxford Crown Court to try to recover money under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Sean Flaherty, of Territorial Way, Headington, was jailed for seven years after he admitted possessing cocaine and MDMA with intent to supply.
The 32-year-old also pleaded guilty to possessing a single-shot handgun, a stun gun disguised as a mobile phone and an incapacitator spray.
Flaherty will have six months to pay or face a further six months in prison.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community