Councillors will be asked to welcome the introduction of free school meals for all children under seven next week.
Oxfordshire County Council’s John Howson, a Liberal Democrat, has put forward a motion for Tuesday’s meeting of all councillors to welcome the Government policy, which the council has no say over.
Bosses on the Conservative-led council have said the policy could leave it with a £300,000 to £500,000 shortfall, despite a pledge of £1.47m from the Government.
The council will meet at County Hall, Oxford from 10am. The public can attend.
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community