THIEVES stole a free-standing safe from a business in Thorney Leys Park in Witney.
They smashed the backdoor of a business premises last Wednesday at 10.07pm, which activated the alarm.
The safe was reported to contain a reel of cobalt covered wire.
Pc Lisa Chapman said: "The safe is very heavy and would have needed more than one person to lift it."
Thames Valley Police did not release the information until today.
Anyone with any information can call 101.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year