Arash Fatemian, Oxfordshire County Council’s cabinet member for finance, has resigned from the cabinet.
The Conservative county councillor for Deddington took on the role after last May’s elections.
Mr Fatemian had previously served as cabinet member for adult services.
Although he is staying on the council he said he was resigning from the cabinet to dedicate more time to his work and family.
His replacement will be the Conservative councillor for Bicester North, Lawrie Stratford, who is currently not in the cabinet.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech