A DELIVERY driver was taken to hospital after a container of kettle descaler leaked.
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to the incident just before 9am on Thursday by the man who was delvering the chemical to a property in Ashbury, near Faringdon.
Two fire crews from Faringdon and Wantage and a specialist hazardous materials unit from Rewley Road in Oxford were sent to the incident and made the container safe.
It is believed the descaler leaked out through its packaging and gave off fumes which affected the driver.
A spokeswoman for South Western Ambulance Service said the man was taken to the Great Western Hospital in Swindon by a paramedic in a rapid response vehicle.
No details on his condition have been released.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
Our top stories
6:30am Tuesday 4th August 2015
A SCHEME to transform the city’s West End will be delayed after the developer lined up to be a major partner pulled out.
6:00am Tuesday 4th August 2015
PLANS to force new medical consultants to sign seven-day contracts have been described as “cynical” by doctors in Oxfordshire.
11:04am Monday 3rd August 2015
THREE teenagers have been arrested after a man was assaulted in Oxford Castle Quarter in the early hours of yesterday morning.
8:30am Monday 3rd August 2015
A LONG-SERVING taxi driver has become so exasperated with Oxford’s roads that he has quit and found a new job.
7:54am Monday 3rd August 2015
There are delays on the A4142 Eastern By-Pass Road due to a traffic light failure.
6:00am Monday 3rd August 2015
A DEVOTED fundraiser and Blackbird Leys resident of 50 years was among the first to tell her story on camera for a heritage project.