On Thursday we published an entry in our Scales of Justice column about Shane Hemsley, of Mayfield Close, Carterton, who appeared before Banbury magistrates for sentence after admitting a charge of assault.
In that item we stated that the 46-year-old was also sentenced for committing this offence while subject to a conditional discharge imposed for an offence of theft. This was incorrect.
That related to another defendant, also appearing in the same court on the same day, and we misread the court records.
We are happy to state categorically Mr Hemsley has not appeared in court on any charge related to dishonesty and we apologise to him unreservedly for this error.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street