A countryside community group is encouraging villagers with oil heating systems to sign up to its bulk-buying scheme.
Oxfordshire Rural Community Council charity has said it has so far saved members between £50 and £70 on 1,000 litres of oil in a matter of months.
To save money, villagers have been paying an annual £24 to the group, which then uses its larger buying power to negotiate lower prices with oil providers in Oxfordshire.
Orders for fuel are placed monthly and delivered to homes.
That has in some cases resulted in savings of up to £150, the group said.
For more information visit oxonrcc.org.uk
- Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street