Action to tackle air pollution in Banbury and Kidlington could be taken.
Cherwell District Council’s executive will meet on Monday to discuss creating “air quality management areas” in Horsefair and North Bar, Banbury, and Bicester Road, Kidlington. If set up, the council would be required to put together an action plan, which could see certain vehicles banned from some areas. Councils must reduce the amount of nitrogen dioxide to an annual mean of 40 micrograms per cubic metre of air but a recent measure in Horsefair and Bicester Road was 42.2.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes