Blackbird Leys Credit Union has been given £7,000 from Oxford City Council.
The credit union needs £30,000 in funds for the next two years after it missed its opportunity to apply for annual funding in November.
This was because it was set to be merged with the Oxford Credit Union but pulled out as it did not want to stop running face-to-face services.
Treasurer Jim Hewitt said: “I’m delighted we got the funding. It certainly gets us well under way with our immediate needs.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech