CUTTESLOWE youngsters came to the end of three happy weeks at the community centre play scheme yesterday.
The programme for children aged five to 11, led by adults from the area, included outdoor and indoor activities. Aden Alhamis, of Wren Road, had fun on Wednesday when the group visited the Earth Trust’s Wittenham Clumps nature reserve at Little Wittenham.
The eight-year-old said: “We flew kites on the clumps, which was really good because they went really high.
“And we also learned how to make dens and fires using flint and steel and cotton wool. My den was quite big.”
Centre manager Allie Noel said: “It is the end of another year and it’s always sad to say goodbye.
“It’s always wonderful to see happy children playing and getting to do exciting things.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes