STAGECOACH fares for Oxford are changing, with some prices rising and others being cut.
The company's SmartZone single ticket prices are rising by 10p to £2.10 and returns by 20p to £3.50.
A child SmartZone return will be £1.70, from £1.60.
The firm's Cowley connector ticket will decrease in price, to £2.10, allowing travel on the 1, 10, 12, 12C, 16, 16A and 20 routes. A single from Minchery Farm to the city centre will also fall to £2.10 on the 16 and 16A.
Chairman of Bus Users UK’s Oxfordshire branch Hugh Jaeger said of the rises: “This is a small increase and most bus users in Oxford will be pleased that bus travel remains competitive.
"We recognise the services remain good value for money and will continue to work with the bus companies as partners."
The new fares come into effect on Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon