Thieves used oil to slip ladders off the roof of a vehicle in Blackbird Leys.
The ladders, which were locked and chained, were stolen in Sandy Lane overnight last Monday.
Thames Valley Police said oil had been used to grease the ladder clamps and prevent any noise alerting people living nearby.
Call police on 101 or the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111 if you have any information.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today