An inquest into the death of a robbery suspect who died after being tackled by shoppers will open today.
Clint Townsend, from Headington, was captured by members of the public at the scene of a robbery in Oxford’s Covered Market on March 30, 2013.
The 33-year-old stopped breathing after he was tackled as he and an accomplice tried to smash a window at John Gowing Jewellers. He died at the John Radcliffe Hospital the next day.
Three other men were arrested after the incident. One, aged 44, has been released without charge and two both aged 32 are still on bail.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes