An inquest into the death of a robbery suspect who died after being tackled by shoppers will open today.
Clint Townsend, from Headington, was captured by members of the public at the scene of a robbery in Oxford’s Covered Market on March 30, 2013.
The 33-year-old stopped breathing after he was tackled as he and an accomplice tried to smash a window at John Gowing Jewellers. He died at the John Radcliffe Hospital the next day.
Three other men were arrested after the incident. One, aged 44, has been released without charge and two both aged 32 are still on bail.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year