A FIRE engine was called out to a broken-down car leaking fuel on the Northern Bypass, A40, between Headington and Cutteslowe.
The fire service was called at 4pm and a crew cleared up the fuel leak. It remained with the driver until a recovery vehicle arrived.
The driver had managed to get off the carriageway onto the cycle path so no delays were caused.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community