HEAVY traffic is building up across the city this afternoon.
There are severe delays along Banbury Road, Frideswide Square, Abingdon Road, Weirs Lane and Donnington Bridge Road.
Motorists travelling along Botley Road are also facing severe delays after emergency repair works began earlier today.
One lane near Osney Bridge was closed due to a broken water main.
Thames Water attended the incident and temporary traffic lights were used to control traffic.
Spokeswoman for Thames Water, Becky Trotman, said that the work had now been completed and a permanent road surface would be relaid tomorrow night after the rush hour had finished.
Motorists were reported to be driving along Botley Road at speeds of 3mph.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community