THE man who found Connor Tremble after he was fatally stabbed has told a jury he still hears his friend screaming.
Kyle Martin, 20, was staying with the 17-year-old on February 13 this year and this morning he gave evidence in Oxford Crown Court.
He said at around 6.30pm he was woken up by the sound of Connor screaming and immediately raced into the bathroom and dialled 999.
Then he told prosecutor Richard Barton he found his friend covered in blood, lying near the door of his flat in Fairacres Road, Oxford.
He said: "I remember seeing the shadow of a leg leaving the house, but I don't know of that was in my head or my brain playing tricks on me."
Mr Barton asked: "When you went into the bathroom was the screaming still going on?"
Mr Martin replied: "It's still going in my head now, so I don't know."
Will Blencowe, 21, of Oxford Road, Banbury, admits stabbing Connor but denies murder.
Bradley Jones, 21, of New Road, Bledington, and Grant Clemens, 23, of Stockwells, Moreton-in-Marsh, are also on trial and both deny perverting the course of justice.
The trial continues.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? We are running a service covering this trial as well as our normal News and Sport services. Text CONNOR or NEWS or SPORT or a combination of all three depending on which services you want, plus your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay