A SIX-YEAR-OLD boy died after he ran out from behind a bus and was hit by a car, an inquest has heard this morning.
Jayden Nash died of a severe brain injury 10 days after February accident in Watchfield, Oxfordshire Coroner's Court heard.
The inquest heard Jayden, of Marlborough Close in Faringdon, had just got off the bus ahead of his mother Jordan Johnson before he went out into the road an was hit by Audi at about 8.20am on Wednesday, February 5.
He died at the John Radcliffe Hospital on February 15.
Coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of accident and said there was nothing the driver could have done to avoid the collision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes