A SIX-YEAR-OLD boy died after he ran out from behind a bus and was hit by a car, an inquest has heard this morning.
Jayden Nash died of a severe brain injury 10 days after February accident in Watchfield, Oxfordshire Coroner's Court heard.
The inquest heard Jayden, of Marlborough Close in Faringdon, had just got off the bus ahead of his mother Jordan Johnson before he went out into the road an was hit by Audi at about 8.20am on Wednesday, February 5.
He died at the John Radcliffe Hospital on February 15.
Coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of accident and said there was nothing the driver could have done to avoid the collision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community