SOME 50 homes in Oxford were hit by a power cut this morning .
Residents in Cutteslowe and Sunnymead said the problem began at about 4am.
Energy firm SSE said the issue was reported at 6am and homes in Wolsey Road, Scott Road and Wren Road were affected.
A spokeswoman said: “We have an engineer on site investigating the cause and we’re hoping to restore power imminently.
“We’re hoping it will be this morning. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay