SKYE Hall has had to postpone ticking one more item off his bucket list until later this week.
The five-year-old from Abingdon will pull a prank on unsuspecting members of the public by sitting inside a fake ice-cream dispenser and putting ice-cream on their cones.
But he has not been well enough to do it yet and is hoping to do it later this week.
He has been battling a brain tumour for almost a year after being diagnosed on August 27, 2013.
Since then Skye, who is currently in the Oxford Children’s Hospital, has had an operation, several bouts of chemotherapy, sessions in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and radiotherapy treatment.
His most recent scan, in April, shows that the tumour has finally been stabilised.
The Rush Common Primary School, Abingdon, pupil has been working through a list of fun activities before he dies and in last Wednesday’s Oxford Mail his family appealed for help to allow him to complete the list.
A carpenter stepped forward over the weekend to build the dispenser for the prank.
The other wish on the list was for Skye to go swimming in a hydrotherapy pool.
- If you can help Skye visit blueskyethinking.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year