Buses between Oxford and Abingdon are being diverted because of jams resulting from the roadworks affecting the Kennington and Hinksey Hill roundabouts and the Oxford bypass.
Oxford Bus Company is diverting its X3 and X13 bus services via Bagley Wood Road through Kennington as and when there is congestion.
Spokesman Phil Ashworth said: “As soon as traffic starts to build up we are diverting, but we don’t want to unless we absolutely have to.”
Stagecoach Oxford is also diverting its 31 bus along the same route.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay