A CREAM tea and sweet treats are on the menu this week in celebration of the much-loved British tradition of afternoon tea.
National Afternoon Tea Week began yesterday and is set to celebrate the country’s love of tea until Sunday.
As part of the week-long celebrations, Eynsham Hall Hotel, in North Leigh, is inviting visitors to enjoy an afternoon tea within their beautiful grounds.
Reservations assistant Georgia Michael regularly indulges in an afternoon cream tea.
She said: “I think National Afternoon Tea Week is a pretty good idea. It’s a time when everyone can come together and celebrate.”
The 21-year-old added: “I think it’s always a good idea where events bring locals together so they can meet each other. It’s just something everyone associates with being British.”
Eynsham Hall Hotel is hoping guests will join them within their 3,000 acres for an afternoon of tea and scones.
For more information, visit eynshamhall.com
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech