POOR weather didn’t prevent classic cars from turning out for a rally in West Oxfordshire.
About 25 vehicles dating back to the 1950s and 1960s were on display at the 22nd Fairthorpe Sports Car Club Rally at Cotswold Wildlife Park on Sunday.
They included Turners, Rochdales and Tornados, many modified by their owners.
Club member Nigel Taylor, 52, has attended the event every year and brought his 1960 Turner Mark 1 with wife Jane from Stony Stratford.
The event usually attracts more than 100 members of the public but it was limited to about 50 people due to heavy rainfall.
Mr Taylor added: “The weather was horrendous so it wasn’t a great turnout.
“Most of the day was spent under my umbrella and some of us had camper vans to go into to dodge the weather.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today