A man and a teenager have appeared in court charged in connection with the attempted theft of lead from the roof of a church.
Mark Hendron, 27, of Twyford Close, Swindon appeared at Oxford Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with one count of attempted theft. It relates to an attempt to steal lead from the roof of the Church of St John the Baptist, in Abingdon Road, between June 17 and 18.
Hendron denied the charge and has been released on bail to stand trial at Oxford Magistrates’ Court on October 31.
He appeared alongside a 17-year-old, also from Swindon, who cannot be named because of his age.
He pleaded guilty to the same charge and was bailed to be sentenced at Swindon Youth Court on September 2.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
- Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay