Cannabis worth £5,000 has been found in a basement beneath a garage in Beckley.
Police officers arrested a 43-year-old man after discovering the cannabis factory in a raid on the High Street address on Thursday morning.
Thames Valley Police yesterday said plants and growing equipment had been sent away to be destroyed. Spokeswoman Francine Rodrigues said although £5,000 worth of drugs were seized, the facility was thought to have had the potential to produce that amount four times a year.
The suspect, who was arrested on suspicion of producing controlled drugs and possession of controlled drugs with intent to supply, was bailed until next month.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes