MAGIC was in the air when some very special guests visited Dance Connection Oxford.
Top West End choreographers and dancers dropped into the school at Oxford Stadium from Monday to Wednesday this week for its annual summer school.
Among them was former student Ainsley Ricketts, 19, now studying dance at London’s Urdang Academy.
He showed the class how to float on air with a box jump, as part of a technical jazz routine.
After the class, the former Cowley resident said: “I find it really rewarding to come back to the place I trained and mentor the next generation.”
Some 40 teenagers and children attended each of the three days to gain some expert tuition.
School director Sam Clifton, 43, from Woodcote near Wallingford, said: “I was amazing, the place was buzzing.”
The school this year celebrated its 20th anniversary and offers classes for teenagers year-round.
- A video of the best bits from the summer school will be uploaded to youtube.com/user/danceconnection1
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes