A council has been accused of being “difficult” by one of its members for withholding the deposit from the Witney Carnival committee.
The £600 deposit given to Witney Town Council for using The Leys Recreation Ground on Saturday, July 12 has not been refunded after vandals damaged grass.
Councillor Toby Morris said: “They are putting on an event for the people of Witney and we should be supportive rather than make matters more difficult.”
Damage is so far calculated at £300 but the council is waiting for a second bill before deciding how much deposit will be refunded.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay