A COWLEY funeral parlour will be extended, despite concerns from neighbours that new equipment will be too noisy.
Planning officials unanimously approved the plans for S & R Childs Funeral Services to extend its Oxford Road branch by 25 per cent.
There had been objections to the plans, with residents saying the three new refrigerators would be disruptive.
Paul Smith, from Havelock Road, said in his letter: “We already have to endure lots of noise when we have our doors and windows open and the noise of their air conditioning unit will have to increase if more refrigeration units are required.”
Two conditions to reduce noise have been imposed: noise must not exceed 10 decibels, and a planned concrete ramp must be covered or treated so trollies do not make too much noise.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today