A COWLEY funeral parlour will be extended, despite concerns from neighbours that new equipment will be too noisy.
Planning officials unanimously approved the plans for S & R Childs Funeral Services to extend its Oxford Road branch by 25 per cent.
There had been objections to the plans, with residents saying the three new refrigerators would be disruptive.
Paul Smith, from Havelock Road, said in his letter: “We already have to endure lots of noise when we have our doors and windows open and the noise of their air conditioning unit will have to increase if more refrigeration units are required.”
Two conditions to reduce noise have been imposed: noise must not exceed 10 decibels, and a planned concrete ramp must be covered or treated so trollies do not make too much noise.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit