A COWLEY funeral parlour will be extended, despite concerns from neighbours that new equipment will be too noisy.
Planning officials unanimously approved the plans for S & R Childs Funeral Services to extend its Oxford Road branch by 25 per cent.
There had been objections to the plans, with residents saying the three new refrigerators would be disruptive.
Paul Smith, from Havelock Road, said in his letter: “We already have to endure lots of noise when we have our doors and windows open and the noise of their air conditioning unit will have to increase if more refrigeration units are required.”
Two conditions to reduce noise have been imposed: noise must not exceed 10 decibels, and a planned concrete ramp must be covered or treated so trollies do not make too much noise.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
Our top stories
9:30am Friday 24th October 2014
James Roberts is in no mood to rest on his laurels as the young Oxford United striker looks to feature in a fourth successive game when they visit Carlisle United tomorrow.
7:00am Friday 24th October 2014
A £110m cancer research centre is planned for Headington to study pioneering treatment with hundreds of county patients.
6:30am Friday 24th October 2014
MULTIPLE roadworks that cause city traffic gridlock are “worth it”, a minister has said.
6:00am Friday 24th October 2014
A TEMPORARY replacement car park for Oxford’s Westgate multi-storey will provide less than half the number of spaces at present, it has been announced.
9:00am Thursday 23rd October 2014
PEOPLE in Oxfordshire are being urged to help break the £500,000 barrier for the first time as this year’s Poppy Appeal is launched today.
2:30pm Thursday 23rd October 2014
A JUDGE has criticised a “catastrophic failure” by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) which caused a trial to be put off until next year.