Two people appeared at Oxford Crown Court yesterday facing child sexual exploitation charges.
Ahmed Hassan, 20, of Glyndebourne Gardens, Banbury, is charged with sexual assault and a 17-year-old from Banbury, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is charged with rape.
Five other men from Banbury are also charged with sex crimes as part of the same investigation.
They are all due to appear again at the crown court for a plea and case management hearing on Monday, September 29.
Hassan was remanded in custody and the youth was released on bailed.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon