An electric fan sparked a blaze at the Mal Maison hotel this afternoon.
Six fire engines were sent to the New Road building when the fire started at about 3pm.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue spokesman Sam Henry said the blaze was caused by an electric fan and firefighters used dry powder to put the flames out.
There was another fire this morning in a sawdust hopper at a woodworking firm in Kingston Bagpuize.
The small blaze started in the 5m high container at about 9.50am at the D Smith Joiners site in the Rectory Lane trading estate.
Firefighters used a ladder and a hose reel to put it out.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay