An electric fan sparked a blaze at the Mal Maison hotel this afternoon.
Six fire engines were sent to the New Road building when the fire started at about 3pm.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue spokesman Sam Henry said the blaze was caused by an electric fan and firefighters used dry powder to put the flames out.
There was another fire this morning in a sawdust hopper at a woodworking firm in Kingston Bagpuize.
The small blaze started in the 5m high container at about 9.50am at the D Smith Joiners site in the Rectory Lane trading estate.
Firefighters used a ladder and a hose reel to put it out.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
11:20am Monday 28th July 2014
What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter through the blue headline above.
8:30am Saturday 1st August 2015
DEVELOPERS wanting to transform Cowley’s Templars Square Shopping Centre said they hope their plans will spur more development in the area.
5:13pm Saturday 1st August 2015
A FLASHER exposed himself to a woman in Bury Knowle Park yesterday.
11:41am Saturday 1st August 2015
Fire crews have put out a house fire in Sibford Gower.
9:00am Saturday 1st August 2015
SAVING a man from a burning house was not the first heroic deed by postman Tony Rendell.
8:00am Saturday 1st August 2015
A WOMAN hit a row of taxis in Abingdon town centre yesterday after a “medical episode”.
7:00am Saturday 1st August 2015
A JUDGE spared a convicted drug dealer more time in jail for giving his friend £100,000 of drugs money to buy a house.