A JERICHO boating firm would be welcomed back to the Castle Mill Boatyard, the developer set to take control of the site has said.
College Cruisers was evicted from the site on July 26 by owners Cordatus Partners Limited, after some 40 years.
But the firm in the process of acquiring the land, Strategic Iconic Assets Heritage Acquisition Fund (SIAHAF), has said it would reverse that decision.
Spokesman for SIAHAF Nick Band said: “We were extremely unhappy about their eviction, because the future of this development depends on the success of all those who live and work here.
“College Cruisers are an important part of the economy of Jericho.
“They are welcome to come back after completion, so we can continue to discuss ways of building their business into the fabric of the community boatyard.”
Mr Band said that although SIAHAF hoped to complete its purchase of the land by October, no specific date had yet been confirmed.
The Oxford Mail understands the firm is also seeking to acquire mooring sites controlled by the owners of College Cruisers, Charlie and Carys Bruns.
Mr Band added: “We would be interested in purchasing the moorings if they were for sale.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street