An OXFORD actor will grace television screens as the new face of a hit American fantasy drama.
Toby Sebastian was unveiled as one of nine new additions to the Game of Thrones cast at San Diego’s Comic-Con event on Friday.
The 22-year-old will play character Trystane Martell during season five of the HBO series.
A former pupil of Cokethorpe School, near Witney, Mr Sebastian is son of Oxford restaurateur Clinton Pugh.
Mr Pugh said: “We are absolutely thrilled for him. He has worked solidly for six years to achieve this.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech