AT LEAST 34 buildings were left without electricity on Saturday after a power cut in Oxford city centre.
Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores in Magdalen Street, were among premises affected, with doors shut as a result of the outage.
Energy supplier SSE said 34 buildings in the George Street area were affected at 11.30am.
Power was restored at 12.30pm but further problems saw power cut to about 20 buildings until 3.20pm.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year