AT LEAST 34 buildings were left without electricity on Saturday after a power cut in Oxford city centre.
Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores in Magdalen Street, were among premises affected, with doors shut as a result of the outage.
Energy supplier SSE said 34 buildings in the George Street area were affected at 11.30am.
Power was restored at 12.30pm but further problems saw power cut to about 20 buildings until 3.20pm.
Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate