POLICE have this morning said protests by a group calling itself the National Front and anti-facism demonstrators are likely to be peaceful but they are taking precautions.
The force has been told of both demonstrations by the National Front and Oxford Unite Against Fascism would be in Oxford city centre.
Supt Christian Bunt, LPA commander for Oxford, said: "We have nothing to suggest these will be anything other than peaceful demonstrations.
"However I am aware that Oxford city is very busy on Saturdays in July and these are likely to cause some disruption.
"We have got a police operation in place today that is proportionate to deal with any demonstrations and any other issues we may have today."
- Superintendent Christian Bunt
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay