Almost 160 people were caught flouting the 20mph speed limit by driving above 24mph in St Giles on Wednesday.
In an hour-and-a-half operation, 159 offences were recorded by officers, the fastest being 45mph.
In a similar operation at 8am in Botley Road, 25 speeding tickets were issued, a car without a tax disc or or MoT was seized and a driver was found putting on make-up using the rear view mirror while driving.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay