A MAN was arrested for assault at the scene of an accident in St Aldate’s yesterday just metres away from the city’s police station.
The road was closed for 30 minutes and buses diverted as the police and the ambulance service were scrambled to the scene near Folly Bridge just after 4pm.
- The injured man was taken to hospital. While he was being treated a crowd arrived and trouble erupted. One man was arrested after being pinned down in the road
Paramedics started treating the crash victim and, as a crowd gathered, police had to arrest a man on suspicion of assault.
In our main picture, he is seen near the accident victim. In the photo he is seen being pinned down by three police officers.
- Police run to the scene
Police spokesman James Williams said: “It’s not clear at this stage whether the two incidents are linked.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech