‘COMMON sense has prevailed” said mum Lorna Mills after an appeal panel agreed that asking children to walk to school along the A40 was a bad idea.
The problem still remains that Oxfordshire County Council, for financial reasons, needs to scrap a free bus service for pupils from St Bartholomew’s School in Eynsham.
Hopefully the year’s grace for the service, because of this decision, allows the council to come up with a solution that meets its needs but does not compromise children’s safety.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit