‘COMMON sense has prevailed” said mum Lorna Mills after an appeal panel agreed that asking children to walk to school along the A40 was a bad idea.
The problem still remains that Oxfordshire County Council, for financial reasons, needs to scrap a free bus service for pupils from St Bartholomew’s School in Eynsham.
Hopefully the year’s grace for the service, because of this decision, allows the council to come up with a solution that meets its needs but does not compromise children’s safety.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes