HANGAR8 Aviation – based at Oxford Airport – gave Prince George a birthday card plane on a larger scale.
A Bombardier Challenger private jet has been painted into a giant birthday greeting for the royal tot, saying “Happy Birthday Prince George” along its side.
The firm’s marketing director Janus Kamradt said: “It was great fun, we’re really proud of the design.
“Four painters spent a month on it and they worked really, really hard. We’re unable to fly it to Prince George at Kensington Palace, so we sent him a picture of his biggest birthday card.”
Mr Kamradt said that, now the prince’s birthday has passed, the plane will be repainted back to its original colours and resume service as a private jet.
He said: “I think he’s a little too young to be into aviation just yet, but who knows? Maybe one day he’ll be a pilot like his father and grandfather and remember us here.”
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit