HANGAR8 Aviation – based at Oxford Airport – gave Prince George a birthday card plane on a larger scale.
A Bombardier Challenger private jet has been painted into a giant birthday greeting for the royal tot, saying “Happy Birthday Prince George” along its side.
The firm’s marketing director Janus Kamradt said: “It was great fun, we’re really proud of the design.
“Four painters spent a month on it and they worked really, really hard. We’re unable to fly it to Prince George at Kensington Palace, so we sent him a picture of his biggest birthday card.”
Mr Kamradt said that, now the prince’s birthday has passed, the plane will be repainted back to its original colours and resume service as a private jet.
He said: “I think he’s a little too young to be into aviation just yet, but who knows? Maybe one day he’ll be a pilot like his father and grandfather and remember us here.”
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay