ITV drama Downton Abbey came to Charlbury's St Mary’s Church yesterday.
Cast and crew of the international hit series were in the churchyard to shoot scenes between 8am and 10am.
The Rev Jan Fielden said the crew had been filming a scene for the Christmas special, featuring butler Charles Carson (Jim Carter) and housekeeper Elsie Hughes (Phyllis Logan). She said: “We met the actors. They were lovely.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech