ITV drama Downton Abbey came to Charlbury's St Mary’s Church yesterday.
Cast and crew of the international hit series were in the churchyard to shoot scenes between 8am and 10am.
The Rev Jan Fielden said the crew had been filming a scene for the Christmas special, featuring butler Charles Carson (Jim Carter) and housekeeper Elsie Hughes (Phyllis Logan). She said: “We met the actors. They were lovely.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes