The jury in the trial of Fiaz Munshi has begun its deliberations.
Munshi, 38, denies murdering a two children in an arson attack at a family home in Magdalen Road, East Oxford, in 1997. Anum Khan, eight, and her brother Majid, 15, died after the fire in August of that year.
The trial is now into its seventh week and jurors were sent out early yesterday afternoon after Justice Robin Spencer finished summing up the case.
They will continue deliberating today.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit