THE public have their last chance to comment on proposals for major transport schemes across Oxfordshire.
Oxfordshire County Council said so far 400 people have attended meetings around the county.
The last one is tomorrow night at County Hall at 7pm and counci leader Ian Hudspeth said he wants to hear more views.
He said: “I want to hear more about what local people would like to see improved. Now is the time for uninhibited blue sky thinking. We don’t yet know how much money will be around to spend on improved transport networks but we should see that as an advantage in terms of having an unlimited debate now about what might happen after 2020.”
The Conservative councillor has been travelling around Oxfordshire to meet members of the public to find out how they want the transport network in their area to be improved.
The meetings, held under the banner of Connecting Oxfordshire, are being held as the county council starts work on its new local transport plan – a document which will set out how roads and public transport will be upgraded over the coming years.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
1:20pm Sunday 1st March 2015
A MAN brandishing a broken bottle robbed a bookmakers in Bicester yesterday.
11:55am Sunday 1st March 2015
Police seized this £200,000 Ferrari 458 on the M40 in Oxfordshire this morning.
2:33pm Saturday 28th February 2015
A pedestrian is fighting for their life in hospital after being in a collision with a car near Banbury this morning.
1:29pm Saturday 28th February 2015
FAMILY and friends of a murdered teenager have planted flowers at her memorial garden today.
9:00am Saturday 28th February 2015
AS 1,000 lifesavers have now been trained across Oxfordshire, the campaign to install more than 300 defibrillators is set to hit its target next month.
8:30am Saturday 28th February 2015
A GOOD Samaritan who said she was conned out of £70 by a highway fraudster is warning others about being caught in his trap.