A “TORNADO” swept through parts of Oxford on Saturday, damaging trees.
Residents in the Blackbird Leys area reported damage after the 6.15pm whirlwind.
An intense hailstorm lasted for about half an hour and the whirlwind was spotted in roads like Cuddesdon Way.
In Ladenham Road, part of a tree fell across three gardens, missing homes.
Architect Jonathan McIlwaine saw the storm at Tesco at Oxford Retail Park with son Dylan, three.
He said: “There were lots of black swirling clouds and then crack of thunder and what seemed like a tornado.”
“People were piled up against the entrance to see it.
“Dylan was a bit scared because the rain started to blow into the shop, but he was okay.”
- Our top stories:
- Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5