THE A417 is closed this evening after a head-on crash between a motorcyclist and a lorry outside the quarry in Shellingford.
The air ambulance was called and the police have said the 24-year-old motorcyclist has broken both legs. The accident happened at about 4.40pm.
The road is closed between the B4508 (Shellingford crossroads) and Cottage Road (Stanford in the Vale) and police have warned that is likely to remain the situation until late tonight.
We are waiting on information from the emergency services and will post an update as soon as possible.
- Traffic updates will be posted automatically on our Live Service
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community